- Use an air-freshener in your bathroom – This is probably the most basic thing to do to keep foul smell away from your toilet. I found this clear odour gel beads freshener to be extremely effective
- Vanilla extra and water – If you don’t like those air fresheners with all those different chemicals inside them, then I have the perfect solution for you. You can get a beautiful spray bottle. If you do not have vanilla extract at home, then you can buy some as well, some brands can be pricey, so look for the one that is in the middle range, the cheaper ones are weak in the smell area. Fill the spray bottle with water and add one tablespoon of vanilla extract, each time you use the toilet, you can spray this, and it will work the same as regular air fresheners.
- Mint Toothpaste – If you like the minty smell of your toothpaste and you want your bathroom to smell that way, here is a method, just cut the toothpaste tube 1/4 of an inch on both sides at the bottom of it and place it in the toilet tank. This can last up to two months.
- Baking Soda and rubbing alcohol to clean the bathroom – You can sanitize your toilet brush and the holder at the same time, even making an air freshener too. Pour rubbing alcohol in the toilet brush holder then add some baking soda. The baking soda will absorb any odour that is there, and the rubbing alcohol will kill the bacteria over time each time you use the brush. You can redo this process each week.
- Remove odours permanently from you towels in the bathroom – A quick fix to this, is to make sure your towels are being sun-dried after use. If you want your towels to even smell fresher, the trick to this, is to spray baking soda in warm water, then wash your towel in it. Do this at least twice a month.
Hopefully these tips can make you enjoy your bathroom usage on a daily basis.